Products Liability (Defective Products)
Products liability lawsuits involve an area of the law where individuals seek damages for injuries or death caused by defective and unreasonably dangerous products. These products range from those for personal use (automobiles, airplanes, motor craft, ladders, car seats, prescription drugs, and medical devices) to industrial equipment, as well as products found in the home. These cases require a thorough investigation and often the utilization of numerous experts in highly specialized technical fields of expertise. Juneau, Boll & Stacy, PLLC attorneys have extensive experience in this complex area of law, and have successfully handled several noteworthy and groundbreaking products liability cases – both in state and out of state.
Household and commercial products are assumed to be safe for anticipated uses under normal conditions. Some products, however, are found to be unreasonably dangerous products, either due to an engineering defect or a manufacturing defect. In those cases, not only does the person who has been injured by the dangerous product need to be compensated, but the company making the product either needs to recall and fix the dangerously defective products or pull the product off the market entirely.
Our lawyers maintain active participation in the best-known information sharing legal groups, both in state and through the national trial lawyer organizations. Being a part of these groups helps Juneau, Boll & Stacy, PLLC provide our clients with the latest developments in technology and the law as it applies to products liability cases.
Below are samples of many types of defective products that are on the market today:
- Automotive Products
- Samples include seat belts, airbags, roll bars, roofs prone to crushing, tires, crashworthiness, steering/handling, stability, tread separation, blow outs, supplemental inflation restraint (SIR), and passive restraints
- Appliances, Tools, & Household/Consumer Products
- Samples include household and electrical appliances, coffeemakers, fans, light switches, generators, car seats, ladders, saws, toys, and handheld lawnmowers
- Motorized and Transportation Products
- Samples include aircraft/airplanes, boats, personal watercraft, jet skis/wave runners, motor cycles, riding lawnmowers, trucks, trailers, tractors, off-road vehicles, and four-wheelers
- Medical Devices
- Industrial Machinery & Heavy Equipment
- Samples include forklifts, personnel lifts, scissor lifts
If you or a loved one was injured by an unsafe product or a product that was recalled, or if a loved one was killed by one of these products, you need to contact an experienced law firm like Juneau, Boll & Stacy for a free consultation. Do not wait; there is a statute of limitations on pursuing these cases. Juneau, Boll & Stacy, PLLC will help you seek the compensation you deserve.